I happen to follow London Fire Brigade on twitter and increasingly I am seeing more and more fires started as a result of people buying cheap inferior products on-line such as hair straighteners, phone chargers etc. Now on this mornings news there are already incidents of the same happening with cheaper Hoverboard models.
Items that are cheap are cheap for a reason, they use cheaper components; poor design methodology and proving; inferior test and quality control and this all adds up to a significant increased probability of failure. We leave these devices on charge overnight and when it concerns mains powered devices the end result is often a possible fire threat.
We all like a bargain but if something looks to good to be true, it probably is and may end up costing a price that no one wants to pay, the lives of our families and the loss of our homes.
If you are going to buy any of these items, do yourself a favour and buy an extra couple of smoke detectors too. They will not stop the fire starting but may just stop it developing into something tragic.
Better still buy a GuardHome Security System and add our smoke detectors to it. I guarantee you will not sleep through the alarm and if you are away from your home the system will still protect it by phoning you if a fire develops. You do not even need to remember to change batteries as we take care of that for you.
Some things are worth spending a little bit more money on!