Most homes are poorly protected against burglaries. If you strengthen your security and make it obvious your will greatly reduce your chances of being burgled.
Physical security is essential but alarms and CCTV are powerful deterrents.
When we carry out a survey we consider all aspects of your security and are able to advise on how best to improve it.
- Make sure the locks you have fitted to all your external doors are of a high standard. An experienced burglar can pick a basic locks in well under a minute.
- Always keep yours doors locked and preferable deadlocked.
- Never leave keys in locks or in reach of the letterbox.
- Never leave windows open when out. Slim burglars can get in through hopper windows and often climb over flat roofs to get into upstairs windows.
- Secure side and rear access to your property with locked gates and high fences.
- Fit locks to tool sheds so that tools can not be taken to use for a break-in.
- Have an alarm professionally fitted. The company logo on the bellbox (external siren) tells a prospective burglar you have professionally fitted alarms.
- Always activate your alarm when away from your house (even for a few minutes). GuardHome alarms have key fobs to make it easy peasy.
- CCTV is a further deterrent. Again professional systems are best. Many DIY CCTV system give poor unusable images especially in low light levels. GuardHome fits surveillance grade CCTV.